DECISION № 01/2018
adopted by the National Assembly (Parliament) of Western Armenia on January 10, 2018
” On the constitution, by the Armenians of Western Armenia, of a defense force “
- Article 51 of the United Nations Charter “On the right to individual and collective self-defence”, of June 26, 1945,
- the Decree of the Government of Russia (Soviet of People’s Commissars) “On Turkish Armenia” (On Western Armenia), dated January 11, 1918,
- the Decision of the Supreme Council of the Allied States to recognize de facto the independence of the State of Armenia, Paris Conference of January 19, 1920,
- the Decision of the Supreme Council of Allied States to recognize de jure the independence of the State Armenia of May 11, 1920,
- the Treaty of Peace of Sèvres (articles 88-93 relating to the State of Armenia) of August 10, 1920,
- the Arbitral Award of the 28th President of the United States of America Woodrow Wilson of November 22, 1920, concerning the drawing of a State border between Turkey and Armenia,
- the Declarations of the United Nations “On the rights of indigenous peoples” of September 13, 2007,
- the physical and spiritual suffering, the cultural, material and territorial losses of all humanity and the Armenian people during the First and Second World Wars, including the genocide of Armenians, Assyrians and Greeks, perpetrated on the ancestral territory of these peoples by three successive Turkish governments during the years 1894-1923,
- the undeniable reality that humanity is today experiencing a profound spiritual, cultural and moral, economic and political crisis, bringing religious and civil conflicts which do not exclude the probability of provoking a third world war,
- the Middle East subject to expanding and exacerbating geopolitical processes which not only can but already threaten the entire region, including the security of all the indigenous peoples – including the Armenians – bearers of civilizational and cultural codes with own governance,
- the need to ensure the safety of life and property of the indigenous peoples of the region, both Armenians and other Christian peoples of the Middle East, Syria and Western Armenia, which the superpowers have not been in able to ensure, as a result of which the Armenians and other indigenous peoples, Christians, were forced to leave the region,
- the need to establish a comprehensive peace in the Middle East and Syria, the creation of islands of peace and security, at least to avoid excesses in the current explosive situation, which could subsequently become dissuasive,
- also reaffirming our commitments to remain faithful to the international principles and norms proclaimed by the United Nations, according to which we declare our readiness to contribute in a coherent manner to the implementation of the principles of peaceful resolution of conflicts, the establishment of peace and security in the region, guaranteeing the right to free development and progress of the indigenous peoples of the region,
- the Decision of the National Council of Armenians of Western Armenia “On armed and non-aggressive neutrality of Armenians of Western Armenia and Western Armenia” of March 29, 2011,
- the Decree of the National Council of Armenians of Western Armenia “On the creation of armed self-defense forces of Armenians of Western Armenia” of December 26, 2012,
- the Address to the Security Council of the United Nations, to the Member States of the United Nations, to the States which have signed the Treaty of Sèvres concerning the establishment of self-defense forces of the Armenians in the Middle East of April 6, 2014,
- the Decision of the National Assembly (Parliament) of Western Armenia “On the formation of defense forces of Armenians of Western Armenia” of January 10, 2018.
The National Council (Parliament) of Western Armenia
- to confirm its draft decision “On the formation of defense forces of Armenians in Western Armenia”.
- to address the President of the Republic of Western Armenia proposing to sign a law “On the formation of defense forces of Armenians of Western Armenia”.
- to remain committed to the founding principle according to which the Defense Forces of the Armenians of Western Armenia are created in all the places where the Armenians of Western Armenia live in a grouped way, while respecting the rule according to which, if necessary, the forces of defenses thus created can be used not only to protect local Armenians but also, if necessary, participate in an organized manner in operations against international terrorism.
- to take as a basis the principle of formation of units of Defense Forces of Western Armenia on a given territory under the command of the Security Council of the Republic of Western Armenia and the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Armenia Western.
- to inform the UN Security Council, the UN Member States, the States having signed the Peace Treaty of Sèvres of this decision.
Speaker of the National Assembly (Parliament) of Western Armenia
Secretary of the National Assembly (Parliament) of Western Armenia
January 10, 2018